THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wild Wednesday: Pete's birthday adventure!

On January 15, my dear husband turned 29. A week or so before this, I asked him what he wanted for his birthday. He had trouble answering... and when he came up with an answer, it was something far more complicated and technical in his realm for me to easily purchase for him.

So, he told me instead, that he just wanted my time... He wanted to be able to go on an adventure, to spend time as a couple, to enjoy each other's company.

I responded by giving him a surprise adventure to the mountains.
We started with a night at a bed and breakfast just south of Divide, CO called the Stonehaven Inn.We were in the "Asian" room. So we took corny pictures with the decor...




After an evening of hot tubbing and making fondue in our room, it was time for the real adventure! So we spent a gorgeous day hiking in Mueller State Park. This gets lengthy, but is mostly very scenic pictures, I'll keep my narration brief.


Ready for adventure!





We consulted the map... A LOT. But we got to all the places we wanted to.



Look at this crazy rock!

I promised you beautiful scenary.

While consulting our "pikes peak atlas" map the night before, we noticed a number of historical buildings marked in the park. This one was notated as "Worley Ranch."



Another historical building.

Exploring inside.

I don't think this is remnants of the historical cowboy meal.

Well if this isn't the most ornate door plate you have ever seen, please email me pictures of yours... because I am intrigued. But, remember this one is a hundred years old or so.





Looking a little more tired than at the beginning. We had hiked about 8 miles by this point.


So there you have it, folks! We had a fantastic time and I hope you enjoyed a brief view into our adventure time. Hopefully there will be many more to come!



0 comments: